The cost of our care is the same regardless of when in your pregnancy you begin care. The birth package is $5700 and includes any/all in-person and telehealth prenatal care, the facility and staff for birth, in person postpartum visit at 24-28 hours if delivered at the birth center and telehealth postpartum care for 6 weeks after delivery. It does not include the cost for lab work, ultrasound or any costs incurred if transfer to hospital becomes necessary.
IF YOU ARE BEGINNING CARE AT THE ONSET OF YOUR PREGNANCY OR TRANSFERRING AT 29 WEEKS OR LESS: we will collect a non-refundable deposit and then you will make monthly payments until you are considered due: end of 36th week.
IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING CARE IN YOUR THIRD TRIMESTER:
Payments for confirming your spot in our practice, review of medical records, prenatal Care including telehealth and in-person visits is $2300 to be paid in the following manner:
- At the time of Registering there is an $800 non-refundable deposit
- At 30 weeks a non-refundable $ 500.00 Payment is required
- At 34 weeks a non-refundable $ 500.00 Payment is required
- At 36 weeks a non-refundable $ 500.00 Payment is required
- These payments may be made by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa or a Flex-Spending or Health Savings Account cards
- If you transfer out of care for any reason prior to 37 weeks there are no refunds on any payments made.
Payment for Birth and Postpartum Care including facility, staff, in-person and Telehealth visits is $3400 to be paid at 37 weeks or upon admission
- The Final Payment can be made by Cash, MasterCard or Visa on the day the mother turns 37 weeks OR at time of labor you will be required to bring a $3400 CASH payment that will be received immediately upon admission.
- If paying by cash in labor, it must be in $100 denominations and paid immediately upon arrival and prior to the laboring woman being admitted to the birthing suite.
- Once the woman has been admitted in to the birthing suite, there are no refunds if a transfer of care occurs.
If the pregnant/laboring woman or anyone that she has had close contact with, lives with or is caring for her children has in the prior 14 days had any symptoms that may be a COVID-19 infection or contact in the last 14 days with anyone with a known COVID-19 infection she will not be able to have an in person appointment. If this is true at the time of labor, you will have to have a hospital birth.
If you have an HMO or Kaiser insurance your birth package costs will be entirely “out of pocket”. If you have a PPO, your charges can be submitted for possible reimbursement and there is a fee for this service. See Insurance Billing pages on this website.
During the time of pandemic those with PPO insurance may be able to get a GAP exception for out-of-hospital birth where they will reimburse at the In-Network rates.
Ancient Paths Midwifery is NOT a MediCal provider; we do not accept IEHP, LA Care, or any of the Covered California plans